Laser Skin Treatment vr Laser Skin Resurfacing
Many people undergo skin procedures in order to get their aging skin to look young and rejuvenated again. Previously popular procedures include ones that involve surgical incisions or injections, but more recently, laser treatments have gained the upper hand.
Laser skin tightening is a procedure in which an infrared laser causes skin to tighten by heating up the underlying collagen. Not only is this a much more natural process than any surgical procedure would be, it is also simply tightening the skin rather than stretching it, creating a more natural look.
Similarly, laser skin resurfacing has also grown in popularity. Another laser skin treatment, laser skin resurfacing focuses more on imperfections of the skin, rather than the loosening of the skin. Laser skin resurfacing rejuvenates the skin and causes damaged skin cells to dissolve until the patient receives a much more uniform facial complexion. Other common names of this practice are laser skin rejuvenation or laser peel.
If you’re feeling unsure of which skin treatment to go with, here are a few big differences between the two:
- Laser skin resurfacing causes a much more dramatic change than laser skin tightening
- Laser skin resurfacing has a longer recovery period than laser skin tightening
- Laser skin tightening is suggested for those with minor skin imperfections as it is a much easier procedure
- Laser skin tightening simply rejuvenates preexisted collagen under the skin while laser skin resurfacing literally removes the top, damaged layers of the skin
- Laser skin resurfacing is able to treat many more cosmetic issues than laser skin tightening
- Laser skin resurfacing is considered a surgical procedure while laser skin tightening is not
- Risks for pigmentation change or scarring are higher with laser skin resurfacing than with laser skin tightening (in order to avoid skin pigmentation changes the treatment should be applied using E-matrix technology, our next week topic)
If you’re looking to get any skin treatments done, these are definitely important points to consider before deciding which procedure to check out.